Thursday, 13 February 2014

Oh, the Excitement!

It's a busy week this week.  We had a holiday on Monday, and my oldest son has the next two days off from school while the teachers attend an annual conference.  This means there is not a whole lot of jewellery making going on!  Instead, meet the kitchen....
Raspberry white chocolate chip muffins, dough in the breadmaker for French bread, and chocolate cupcakes for a Valentine's treat for my small people!  Busy times keeping the three of them occupied, and certainly messy (but fun) ones when they're involved in the kitchen.

However, that's not to say I'm not busily pondering new designs amidst keeping the children occupied. Look what arrived in the mail today!

Aren't they just gorgeous?  These fabulous polymer clay flowers are the creations of Latvian artist Ilze Girgensone, and I can't even remember how I came across her etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/ekkaBoutique?ref=pr_shop_more, but it doesn't matter.  I know where it is now!  I have gloriously springy earrings in mind for these beautiful blooms. 

This is one of those instances where I'm glad I didn't pay attention to measurements, too.  When I ordered these flowers, I thought there were going to be smaller - they aren't!  These are just large enough to make a statement without being too big or heavy.  Hooray!

Must get back to the baking - the French bread needs shaping and proofing.  I hope you're all having a good week =)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are ready to welcome spring with those pretty flowers, Liona :) Etsy is packed with wonderful treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is, Monique, and I got a chance to play with them this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete